Monday, May 29, 2006

Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Like most families, one of my children is a picky eater. However, this child will eat cookies left and right. So I searched for a cookie recipe which tastes good and which also has some healthy ingredients. I have baked this cookies several times and they disappear very quickly.
This recipe was submitted by Dr Amy to AllRecipes. The only alteration to the original recipe is that I substitute raisins for chopped walnuts and I added cinnamon. The kids do not like nuts in their cookies and the raisins add to the chewiness of the cookie.

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups of quick cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the soften butter sticks, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. For myself, I use an electric mixer for this step.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
4. Combine with wooden spoon, the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Stir into mixture until just blended.
5. Mix in quick oats, raisins, and chocolate chips with wooden spoon.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for approximately 11 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
8. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack.
9. According to recipe, makes about 4 dozen. Howver, since my rounded teaspoons are somewhat odd shaped and large, it makes about 39 cookies for myself. *** On my cookie sheet, I place about 15 cookies at a time. So, this recipe amounts to about 3 separate times placing cookie sheet into oven.***


While these cookies are baking in the oven and you are waiting for the oven timer to ring, go to my satellite tv sales site Happy Remote . Read about how you can get satellite tv in up to 4 rooms and there is no equipment to buy. In addition, unlike some cable companies, there is free standard professional installation along with free DVR upgrade at www.HappyRemote.com.



null

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home